Friday, February 14, 2014

Secret Valentine Exchange

I got something lovely in the mail the other day :)

  

And that was before I even opened it!

I was part of a Secret Valentine Exchange, hosted by http://sanaeishida.com/ and I can't wait to tell you all about what my partner sent me! We filled out short questionnaires about our interests and one of the hobbies I mentioned was of course belly dancing. You can't imagine how thrilled I was to open up a box full of dance scarves! This one's my favorite:




Look at all the detail! It's all lace and vintage linens, just beautiful!

Can you believe there were three more in there too? I dug out my other hip scarfs and tried everything on together to see what combinations I liked. Not as pretty of pictures but you'll humor me I hope.



The funny thing is the day before in dance class we'd all admired how another student had layered a scarf under her hip scarf. Now I've got the look too!



Most of these are longer than they look. The hip scarf wouldn't cover so much of it but I folded them up to match the skirt I was wearing.
Know what's really crazy? This isn't all she sent me! We got a cute little bunting and gifts for the kids too!




I'd love to tell you about what I made for my partner but since as far as I know it hasn't made it to Singapore yet you'll have to be content with the teaser photo:




No comments:

Post a Comment