Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My sister is a bad influence

Once upon a time ( or as my kids say it " uhspon") my darling sister let her daughter watch a movie called 'My neighbour Totorro'. Sophie loved it. She loved so much that her mother has made her the main character's dresses as well as make her 4th birthday party Totorro  themed. Cat bus and soot sprites included. My kids had no idea what was going on. Months after the party, we finally took the plunge and watch the movie. Every. Single. Day. For at least a week... and every other day after that. My kids are obsessed. I must admit, I really like it to. So, when my sister made the dresses, naturally caught the sewing bug too. Since I have three kids, and there are three forest spirits, it was a no brainer as to what I was going to make. Using the basic tee pattern from Dana Made it, I added a little extra to the length and made them long sleeves with hoods. Below is the result:




complete with front pocket <3



No comments:

Post a Comment