I started by drafting a pattern. I turned a pair of Katie's leggings inside out and traces one half. I added a half inch for a seam allowance, because I like to use french seams on just about everything.
Blogger is being dumb and has decided to turn my pictures...
They ended up being a little loose, because I was being dumb when I drafted my pattern, and added my seam allowance on top of the original one. They're also a little longer than I would have liked.
Despite them being a little baggy, Katie adores them. I have four more pairs to make, which will be a little tighter and shorter. Since the fabric was from my stash, all I had to buy was elastic. Total cost for five pairs of fantastic hide-Katie's-underwear-while-she-wears-dresses shorts : 2.50$
Post Script: My apologies for not posting very often, but in my defense, Since Hunter's arrival two months ago, we have sold our house in Alberta and bought a house a Ontario. It's been busy and will continue to be busy for the rest of the summer, but I do have a few ongoing projects to post about in the future.