Monday, June 16, 2014

Preventing Electrocution With Crafting

Nothing like starting your morning off with an ambitious title!


To be fair, that is actually what I plan to do with this quilt. Our new place has the fuse box in the kids bedroom. It's behind a set of doors and near the ceiling, but still. I'm planning on putting a sliding lock right at the top and then hanging this right over the doors. With ant luck they won't even notice it's there! (In my dreams...)
 

Ok, so I cheated a little. This isn't actually quite finished yet, but I'm moving people and this is all I've got! It won't take me long to get those sides sewn up which is good since I want it on the wall tomorrow. 


I used this tutorial here and I really like it! You can see that I didn't even vary the colour scheme that much (It's a little bit lighter in real life.) I would have happily copied it exactly but I wanted this done pronto so I raided my stash. (Probably for the best. Seeing my sewing/craft supplies all together in boxes is a little bit frightening!)


As you can see if you look closely at these two pictures, I did end up using two slightly different balls of white. I'm not sure you would have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out though so I'm not worried. 

P.s. Pffft! Too bad for you Blogger. You decided to play your stupid "turn all the pictures sideways" game but guess what? I took pictures of squares! Haha, I win this round!

No comments:

Post a Comment