Monday, March 16, 2015

Geeky Crochet


How's that face to look at first thing in the morning?
So I FINALLY got the last of the Christmas presents dropped off last week. Crazyness! The creeper above was inspired by this photo. I made it for my husband's godson who is crazy about minecraft. Apparently he asked if he could "save" it at bedtime, like in the game.  :D   Mine is much bigger than the original and doesn't have separate legs because his  little brother is still young enough to choke if they rip one off. I also didn't reinforce the sides, which makes the edges a bit less crisp. It would have made him less huggable though, and everybody wants to hug a creeper... right?


This little wonder is a crochet lightsaber! Seriously, the world is better because this pattern exists. It's free and you can find it here. The handle took a little while but nothing impossible. My only problem with it is my wonky stuffing job. I still haven't figured out how to keep things from being lumpy when I stuff them. I'm debating making my kids a pair and throwing out the foam swords. These are shorter and softer if they're going to insist on beating each other with something ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment