Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Baby Wipes

WooHoo! Another baby project post <3 aren't you excited?

While diapering my first two children, I used cheap Walmart baby wipes. They've been used not only for bums, but for everything from washing the giant chalkboard in our living room, to dirty hand prints on the walls. It was time to retire them. I searched through my fabric stash and came up with two pieces of flannelette big enough to use, as well as an old pair of pajamas that I've had since about the age of 13, that finally kicked the bucket. They glow in the dark. The yellow flannelette was donated by a friend.

Basically, I just folded the fabric until i found a size that would make the most use out of what I had. They're all roughly between 8-9 inches. Once cut, I put two pieces together, with the right sides facing each other. I sewed them together using about a 1/4 inch seam allowance, rounding the corners as I went, and leaving a small hole to turn them right side out. After trimming the corners and turning them right side out, I simply top stitched them. Nice and easy. Now I have 38 new soft, double layered baby wipes. Cost- 0$

1 comment:

  1. Those look awesome! I definitely didn't get why you'd bother until I saw the finished product. These are officially on my sewing list when my wipes need replacing next!